Monday 6 July 2009

My own accounts; Why I recommend FreeAgent to clients

Another month end has passed, a statement has arrived from my business bank.

Guess that means it's time to do my own businesses' accounts. Because apart from the many excellent reasons why it's good to keep your accounts up to date (and more about that soon), it's also not much good me encouraging other home-business owners to keep their books up to date if I don't do it myself.

I keep Home Business Accountant's books on FreeAgent, the same software that I offer, inclusive as part of my fixed monthly fees, to my clients.

I'm getting more and more keen on FreeAgent as I go on using it.

Today, I had several out-of-pocket expenses to record, and the data entry for them is so quick and easy. I've talked more about this on my other blog, here.

And also, compared to other online software products I've seen, it's so simple to use, with lots of clearly written explanations.

It has only the "bells and whistles" that micro businesses really need. Out of pocket expenses? Check. Bank statement imports? Check. Stock control? Nope. Explanations in accountantese? Not on your nelly. They were written by non-accountants and it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments here.
I check all the comments before they're posted. That's not because I don't want you to have your say. It's because I don't want any obscene language or spam here. So please don't post that or it will get zapped.