Thursday 23 July 2009

What do you want from your accountant?

The clients who've so far come on board with me have wanted the same things from their accountant.

Someone who'll help them keep good records so that they know how their business is doing and keep the Revenue happy.

Someone who'll make sure they fill in the right forms and pay the right amount of tax at the right time.

Someone who'll give them advice on how to save tax, like buying a new piece of equipment just before the year end instead of just after it, so you get the tax relief a year earlier.

Someone who won't talk endless accountantese, or drown them in generic information sheets and newsletters.

And someone who charges reasonable fees for a small home-based business.

That's what I'm aiming to offer to my clients.

But I'd be interested to hear if there's anything else that home-based businesses would like from their accountants.

What makes you choose your accountant? Why did you pick that one? What would you like them to do differently?

Please tell me using the comments box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments here.
I check all the comments before they're posted. That's not because I don't want you to have your say. It's because I don't want any obscene language or spam here. So please don't post that or it will get zapped.